Pillars of Student Success
High Financial Literacy
Moderate Work Readiness
Blended Model is a simulation-based program in which high school students compete as business CEOs in the phone industry, experiencing firsthand how an organization evaluates alternatives, makes decisions, analyzes the outcomes of those decisions, and then strategizes what to do next. With a focus on financial literacy and insights into the workforce, JA Titan brings business economics to life. As students work in teams, or on their own, to make financial decisions about production, marketing, research and development (R&D), and corporate social responsibility (CSR), they begin to see how every choice made in an organization relates to its future success.
• Part of the JA Financial Literacy Pathway and can be placed in Grades 9–12.
• Blended model comprises 11 sessions that include tutorial sessions, game-play strategy sessions, a competition session, and deep dive sessions. Participants complete a minimum of 5 sessions, in any order.
• An optional event or in-class competition may be included.
• An online simulation is the focus of the program. Participating classes must provide technology that meets the minimum tech specs.
• Session pacing is flexible to meet a range of students’ previous business knowledge and readiness skills. Pacing guides are provided to assist with planning.
• The primary program delivery model is remote or face-to-face teacher delivery. Self-guided materials are also available for students to complete the program completely independently.
• Teachers and volunteers can alternate back-and-forth between different face-to-face, remote, and self-guided delivery models.